httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed connection state diagram
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 13:49:29 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:

>On Tuesday 06 September 2005 06:10, Brian Pane wrote:
>

>>http://www.brianp.net/work/opensource/apache/async.html
>>

>Shouldn't there be a transition from HANDLER to CHECK_REQUEST_LINE_READABLE in
>case the full response is sent and keep-alive is on?

Yes, good catch: the diagram currently is inconsistent.  I need to
either add the transition from HANDLER
to CHECK_REQUEST_LINE_READABLE or remove the transition from HANDLER to
LINGER (except
for error cases).

That leads into a question: other than error cases, should we always
transition from HANDLER to
WRITE_COMPLETION, even if the handler happens to have written the entire
respose?  That
makes the state diagram simpler, but it might mean some extra overhead
in the implementation.
Any suggestions?

I'll be traveling for the next couple of days, without access to my Mac
and Omnigraffle, so I'll
next be able to update the diagram for a while.  Please keep the
feedback coming;  I'll
incorporate all the edits into a revised diagram this weekend.
Thanks,

Brian