httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r.pl...@t-online.de
Subject Re: proxy balancer hook (Was: Re: LoadModule questions on WIN32)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:28:20 GMT

r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
>>Hold on a tic... it seems to be related to
>>whether or not it's within a Vhost...

I think this is the solution as for each virtual host the create_server_config
is run for this virtual host again *after* all modules have been loaded. Thus it
works inside a virtual host, but not outside.

I was wondering why similar things work with mod_cache / mod_disk_cache and
after a quick look to the code I found that (I guess no surprise to most here) they use
ap_register_provider / ap_lookup_provider.
mod_cache does check if the provider name specified in CacheEnable is valid *after* configuration
during the request processing.
Stupid question: Would that be a possible way here too?

Regards

RĂ¼diger