httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon BOF about Module Repository
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:23:51 GMT
Sander Temme wrote:
  For maximum compatibility, this tool would  have
> to be written in C. Currently, apxs is a Perl program but you  can't
> always count on the availability of Perl on the system,  especially on
> Windows. The apxs++ tool would be available only when  mod_so is available.
Sorry for jumping in... been roughly following.

As far as I can see, apxs is only written in perl because of the REGEX to find wether were
are in a Location or other
container before adding the LoadModule line.  Could we not use PCRE and APR to rewrite this
in C as well? Maybe 2.3 ?

And this comming from a mod_perl commiter :)

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/