httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LoadModule questions on WIN32
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 18:21:11 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

>>Sorry but not.
>>Same thing; 'add_lbmethods' is never called because it is called from
>>create_server_config that OTOH is called before mod_proxy_balancer is
>>loaded by the LoadModule.
>>

> Strange... Because c_s_c is actually called *multiple* times during the
> actual load and start up, such as ap_read_config(). Note that ap_top_module
> is populated.

Look Jim, not sure how can I explain that to you, but here is what
happens:
1. LoadModule mod_proxy
    create_server_config
       tries to load the function from proxy_load_balancer
2. LoadModule mod_proxy_balancer

So, c_s_c from mod_proxy is referencing the function that is
loaded *after* that call.
Since the module (mod_proxy_balancer) has not been loaded yet
at the time mod_proxy is referencing that function it is stored
as NULL, and of course, later it causes the core dump.

Also, I've tried the linux build (Redhat9)
with:
#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

"./configure" \
"--prefix=/home/mturk/builds/apache/head" \
"--with-port=8000" \
"--with-mpm=worker" \
"--enable-so" \
"--enable-mods-shared=all" \
"--enable-proxy=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-balancer=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-http=shared" \
"--enable-proxy-ajp=shared" \
"$@"

make && make install

running httpd and pinging
localhost:8000/servlet-examples/
for the config:

<Proxy balancer://cluster>
     BalancerMember ajp://localhost:8009
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /servlet-examples/ balancer://cluster//servlet-examples/

Gives the following in the error_log:

[Tue Sep 06 20:03:05 2005] [debug] mod_proxy_balancer.c(41): proxy:
BALANCER: canonicalising URL //cluster//servlet-examples/
[Tue Sep 06 20:03:06 2005] [notice] child pid 3455 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

So, this is 2.1.7-beta from pquerna.

I wonder, I'm am stupid, or what ?

Regards,