httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LoadModule questions on WIN32
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:36:18 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>

>>This means that both create_server_config and create_dir_config
>>function *are always* called on LoadModule, before module's
>>pre_config hook is called.
>>
>>Is this a correct behavior?
>>

> I need to relook at the code, but it's my recall that what that function
> does is call ap_set_module_config, which stores the create_*_config
> func pointer, not call it.

Well, seems that those two functions are called before pre_config even
from Apache 1.3, so seems that functions are called, not stored.

This implicates that your patch for balancer *should* move external
hook loading in the pre_config, and that the hook in balancer is
declared in register_hooks table.

BTW, when you are testing those patches on nix, do you use static or
dynamic modules?

Regards,
Mladen.