httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: Proposed connection state diagram
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:21:37 GMT
Brian Pane wrote:
> On the subject of asynchronous write completion, I've drawn a connection
> state model that
> combines the current state transitions of the event MPM with new states
> for write completion
> and the handler phase.
>
> Comments welcome... Am I missing any state transitions (particularly for
> error cases)?
> Should there be an "access logger" state?  Are there other good use
> cases to consider
> for a nonblocking handler feature, besides mod_proxy?
>
> <http://www.brianp.net/work/opensource/apache/async.html>
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

It's late over here.. so I'm sure I'm being stupid.. but here are some
things I can't see transitions for:

are you missing the case where the client disconnects mid-request
(CONN_STATE_READ_REQUEST_LINE -> Connection_deleted)

and when the client disconnects mid-response?
CONN_STATE_HANDLER/CONN_STATE_WRITE_COMPLETION -> Connection_deleted)

case where the client connects/disconnects (TCP-port check)

as for
non-blocking cases.. when the module needs to issue a TCP/UDP connection
to a 3rd party. (eg.. gets a stock quote or performs a LDAP check for
authorization, or wordpress doing a trackback/pingback)

what about mod-rewrite spawning a program to do a rewrite mapping?

like I said at the start.. I'm sure I'm being stupid and not
understanding the questions ;-)

--ian