httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject mod_smtpd_access_dbd code review, mod_smtpd_auth plan
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:33:19 GMT
http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/mod_smtpd_access_dbd.tar.gz

I ported this from mod_dbi_pool to mod_dbd, but I haven't had time to
mod_dbi_pool, but I just hacked it up to convert it to mod_dbd.  Since
I haven't had the time to clean it up so I figured I would get some
comments on it to make sure I am going in the right direction.

I have a another trip next week and I plan on using the time to clean
it up and also start working on the mod_smtpd_auth* modules.

My plan right now is to build a skeleton mod_smtpd_auth module that
will handle plain, login, cram-md5 (and possibly digest-md5).
mod_smtpd_auth will define two hooks for other auth modules, one that
takes username and password for authorizing and one for which methods
it enables.

mod_smtpd_auth_pwd will enable plain and login because it only has the
encrypted password
mod_smtpd_auth_dbd will enable all auth methods

Thoughts/comments?

Brian