httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd_access_dbd code review, mod_smtpd_auth plan
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:45:03 GMT

On Sep 14, 2005, at 12:27 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> But I see you're using ap_dbd_open and ap_dbd_close over the lifetime
> of
> a connection.  This looks like a good reason to update mod_dbd to
> support
> a connection-lifetime variant on ap_dbd_acquire (which has
> request-lifetime).

Ya, I wanted to use the acquire call, but couldn't because of the
request_rec * requirement.  The connection-lifetime sounds good and
would also be useful for the mod_smtpd_auth_dbd as well.

> Prod me if I don't get around to it.
>
> BTW, have you made any changes to the mod_authn_dbd.c in that package?

Doh!  That shouldn't have been included. :)  I was using it as an
example on how to get the dbd, get a prepared statement from it, do a
query and test for the results using the apr_dbd functions.

Brian