httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Issues for 2.1.8
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:37:58 GMT
On Tuesday 20 September 2005 21:14, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:07:04PM +0200, r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:
> > Especially for mod_filter I think we should ensure that it is contained
> > in 2.2 as it was announced as one of the new features of 2.2 at the
> > ApacheCon.
>
> Same goes for the event MPM, which is marked experimental. We shouldn't
> lose that either.

I agree about both of those.  And I'd say the same even more strongly for
mod_dbd, simply because it (or whatever it becomes when updated in the
light of real-life experience) should become the basis of a new generation
of applications.  If it's there, it'll start to permeate the Usual Suspects
like mod_perl.  If not, we'll still have the old situation of Perl, Python,
PHP, Tcl, Authentication, Logging etc each maintaining its own separate
database connections, and having to reinvent the connection pooling
wheel if they want to if they want to improve scalability.

--
Nick Kew