httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.1/2.2/2.3...
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:23:35 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Could someone explain to me what the current thinking is about
> > the httpd SVN trunk? Is it 2.3.0? 2.1.x? Where does 2.2 fit
> > in all this? So patches made to HEAD/trunk need to be
> > backported to 2.2, and 2.1 and then 2.0 ???
> >
> > Does anyone else think this is more complex than it
> > needs to be? :)
>
> I thought so... but the list disagreed and nobody else had any
> issues with the branch.  So trunk is 2.3-dev.

My confusion deals with how patches are synced... Patches I applied
to TRUNK made it to the 2.2 branch after it was branched, it appears.
I fear that just as viable patches are being missed from being
folded into 2.0, it will be even worse between TRUNK and 2.2, simply
because they track SO close now. Or, conversely, stuff folded into
the 2.2 branch may not end up in trunk.