httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.1/2.2/2.3...
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:31:42 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Could someone explain to me what the current thinking is about
> > the httpd SVN trunk? Is it 2.3.0? 2.1.x? Where does 2.2 fit
> > in all this? So patches made to HEAD/trunk need to be
> > backported to 2.2, and 2.1 and then 2.0 ???
> >

> Trunk is always open development.  Nothing should stop someone from
> hacking on anything here. It is 2.3-dev.  It will never become 2.2.x.
>
> 2.2.x branch will become 2.2.0, someday. It is currently 2.1.8-dev, and
> it is CTR. My preference is to focus on back porting bug fixes only. If
> a new bug fix is made in trunk and backported to 2.0, we should do it
> here too.  My goal is to put out another beta every couple weeks.  Fix
> the bugs found in the last beta, and repeat until we have something
> ready for GA.
>
> The 2.0 branch is the same as always.

Just so this is clear to everyone. If people make changes and
improvements to trunk, if you have any desire to have them eventually
show up in 2.2, you should backport to the 2.2 branch. PLUS you
should also follow the 2.0 branch and potentially backport
stuff there.

So 2.2 is NOT being split from trunk, but now exists in it's own
branch.