httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd_access_dbd code review, mod_smtpd_auth plan
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:27:22 GMT
On Wednesday 14 September 2005 14:33, Brian J. France wrote:
> http://www.brianfrance.com/software/apache/mod_smtpd_access_dbd.tar.gz
>
> I ported this from mod_dbi_pool to mod_dbd, but I haven't had time to
> mod_dbi_pool, but I just hacked it up to convert it to mod_dbd.  Since
> I haven't had the time to clean it up so I figured I would get some
> comments on it to make sure I am going in the right direction.

This is a very quick look, nothing close to a proper review.

But I see you're using ap_dbd_open and ap_dbd_close over the lifetime of
a connection.  This looks like a good reason to update mod_dbd to support
a connection-lifetime variant on ap_dbd_acquire (which has request-lifetime).
Prod me if I don't get around to it.

BTW, have you made any changes to the mod_authn_dbd.c in that package?

--
Nick Kew