httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [PATCH] ssl_ext_lookup #2
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:36:36 GMT
On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:02:02PM +0100, David Reid wrote:
> Following the comments from Joe, here is a revised patch that should
> work better :-) I've tried to add a sensible comment about why we have
> both functions listed.

"OpenSSL... isn't up to much" isn't really very helpful (or sensible).  
If the problem is that X509_ext_print will only handle particular types 
of extension and that you can fall back on ASN1_print for extensions 
which are simple e.g. string types then say that and cut out the waffle.

> It removes the nastiness of the len pointer and also converts the
> extlist fucntion to simply call into ssl_ext_lookup.

That's pretty nasty, going through all the setup overhead and iterating 
through the extension list again for each call.  But you miss my point: 
the overlap in functionality is a bad thing not an missed opportunity 
for refactoring.

> I've changed the log level down to INFO.

DEBUG is the maximum acceptable IMO.

joe

Mime
View raw message