httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: proxy balancer hook (Was: Re: LoadModule questions on WIN32)
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:48:58 GMT
r.pluem@t-online.de wrote:

> > Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> >>Hold on a tic... it seems to be related to
> >>whether or not it's within a Vhost...
> >>

> I think this is the solution as for each virtual host the create_server_config
> is run for this virtual host again *after* all modules have been loaded. Thus it
> works inside a virtual host, but not outside.
>
> I was wondering why similar things work with mod_cache / mod_disk_cache and
> after a quick look to the code I found that (I guess no surprise to most here) they use
> ap_register_provider / ap_lookup_provider.
> mod_cache does check if the provider name specified in CacheEnable is valid *after* configuration
> during the request processing.
> Stupid question: Would that be a possible way here too?

Yeah, I'm looking into that, but I think that it might be a deeper
bug; the hook should also be available for the 2nd main server config
creation; the first run through should register it, and then
the 2nd should allow it to be used. But even so, I will likely just
make the load_lb call a direct call, and not a hook, while we
work on it...
                     "Sith happens"  -  Yoda