httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Summer Of Code, my opinions
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 00:34:03 GMT
Hi,

The subscribers of pmc@ knows about it already, Ian asked his SoC
students to give their opinions about their work during the last two
month. Here comes mine.

I was really, really happy to work in the Apache Software Foundation
community. This was a extraordinary opportunity for me to get involved
in one of the most important open source projects of the F/OSS world.

Even if the SoC is a one person work, it was an opportunity to follow
the list activity and learn more about Apache HTTPd. I can't even make
a list of all the things I learnt during the summer : Apache
module programming, Javascript, community work, etc, etc.

The mentoring, technical advisement and help here on the list was
really nice, too.

All I can say is a huge thank to you all. When I subscribed on the SoC
web page in the beginning of June, I was very far away from thinking
I'll be accepted, and that I would get this far. Now that I'm here,
and (I hope so) integrated into the ASF developer community, I wish
to continue working on mod_mbox, and maybe submit some patches or bug
fixes to other projects !

Again, thanks.
- Sam

PS: attached, a copy of my answers to Google's student report
from. They're more complete and will surely give you more information.

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.