httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jem Berkes" <jb-ht...@users.pc9.org>
Subject Hash table growth
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:33:30 GMT
When I looked at the expand function used by apr_hash.c it looked to me
like it keeps growing if you keep using 'set' with novel values. I was
thinking of using apr_hash in order to cache DNSBL queries for my module.
It would ensure rapid cache search but I am having trouble figuring out how
I could remove existing entries. I really _want_ collisions to happen but
I'm not sure if this is possible.

Any tips on how I can overwrite existing entries in the hash table, rather
than keep expanding the table entries?

e.g. key ABC is already in the table, and it collides with XYZ which I now
want to add. However, if I apr_hash_get(XYZ) it will tell me correctly that
this key is not present; and apr_hash_set(XYZ) now expands the table right?