httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Parin Shah <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Initial mod-cache-requester
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 02:26:18 GMT
Hi All,

please find initial version of mod-cache-requester at the following url.

http://utdallas.edu/~parinshah/mod-c-requester.0.2.tar.gz

As we have discussed the issue before, it is not possible (or atleast
not possible w/o some refactoring) to use  make-sub-request to
re-request all soon-to-expire pages. So currently I am using libcurl
to re-request all popular and soon to expire pages.

We had considered one other solution also. there we decided to
re-request durig the original request context itself, but it has some
other problems including keeping track of popularity of pages,
removing the pages from queue those are not there in the cache anymore
etc.

So as of now, making a curl request seems the best solution to me.
Further details about how to compile and configure this module is in
the readme file.

Any comments would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Parin.