httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Parin Shah <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to make sub-requests?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:28:29 GMT
> What I meant was that you modify the ap_read_request() to not crash when
> NULL is passed to it.
> As far as I am aware, the request_req only needs certain fields copied
> out of connection_req, not all of which are required.

- I played with it to make it work without conn_rec, but it doesnt
soudn very clean to me . the main reason is request_rec itself needs
conn_rec and also other conn_rec variables like lookup defaults. so
even if we  could make it work (which I am not 100% sure that it would
work) it wouldn't be an elegant solution.

> I wouln't use proxy, as proxy has nothing to do with cache (you may
> build proxy without cache if you like, or cache without proxy).

what I meant was that  I might find similar functionality in mod_proxy
which does same thing. I am not planning to reuse it. but would use it
as a reference to create requests for mod-c-requester.

> Rather tack yourself onto mod_cache, so that after a request is
> complete, it can fire off a pass of the cache freshening code while a
> connection_req is still available to create fake requests from.
This is a very good alternative solution. I would proceed in this
direction if I cannot find any other way.

-Parin.