httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Parin Shah <parin....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to make sub-requests?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:16:33 GMT
> Would there be value in teaching ap_read_request() how to not break if
> you called ap_read_request(NULL)?

Well, I couldnt find a way to do this. and with NULL value it crashes.

> Alternatively ap_read_request() could be broken up into
> ap_read_request() and ap_create_request(), which would do just the
> request_req creation part.

request_rec creation part needs conn_rec, and creating conn_req is
again not straight forward  so I dont think ap_read_request is gonna
help us in this case.

> This seems to be the first time a request_req has ever been needed where
> a connection was not available.

I am now going through mod-proxy as chipig and iholsman suggested. It
seems that allows us to create fake requests. any further help in that
(or any other) direction would be really great.

Thanks,
Parin.