httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:31:00 GMT
On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:55 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> I can't believe you guys are still debating the merits of RTC over CTR
> after all this time. RTC killed the momentum in this project a long
> time
> ago.

That doesn't make sense, Aaron.  The other branches are CTR and
I don't see anyone making releases of those either.  We were
operating in RTC mode for the first year of Apache and that was
our most productive time in terms of number of releases.

Personally, I think what is killing momentum is the number of
single-developer platforms we claim to support that end up dragging
the release cycle beyond the capacity of any single RM.  That's why
I haven't driven a release since 1.3.  APR just makes it worse.
Please, if you want to help, don't bicker about RTC -- just
create a working APR release so that we can do an httpd release.

....Roy