httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Akins, Brian" <Brian.Ak...@turner.com>
Subject 2.1 proxy and keepalives
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:01:32 GMT
Does this code from 2.1 in apr_proxy_http_request still make sense?  Do we
not want to attempt to maintain the server connection anyway?  Maybe I'm
missing some other logic...

 /* strip connection listed hop-by-hop headers from the request */
    /* even though in theory a connection: close coming from the client
     * should not affect the connection to the server, it's unlikely
     * that subsequent client requests will hit this thread/process,
     * so we cancel server keepalive if the client does.
     */
    if (ap_proxy_liststr(apr_table_get(r->headers_in,
                         "Connection"), "close")) {
        p_conn->close++;
        /* XXX: we are abusing r->headers_in rather than a copy,
         * give the core output handler a clue the client would
         * rather just close.
         */
        c->keepalive = AP_CONN_CLOSE;
    }