httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:47:20 GMT
--On August 9, 2005 8:17:37 AM -0700 Aaron Bannert <aaron@clove.org> wrote:

> I've been trying to speed up the release cycles for years, but
> it's only gotten slower with all the red tape.

Where have you been when we've done releases in the last few years?

> The slow release cycles are just another symptom of a broken process,
> they are not the cause.

If you want to place a cause on why 2.2 hasn't been released, I feel that
there is only one real reason.  I gave up on trying to do 2.1/2.2 releases
because I got fed up with having every release blocked for illegitimate
reasons.  Paul ran into the exact same roadblocks; but he's probably too nice
to admit it.

The 'slow release cycle' has *nothing* to do with CTR or RTC.  -- justin