httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Status of 2.1.7
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:22:33 GMT
At 05:22 AM 8/30/2005, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>On 8/30/05, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
>> I counted two votes about 2.1.7-beta:
>> +1: Brad, Joe
>>
>> No one else put votes in the thread.
>
>+1, with a strong concern that the non-showstopper issues are highlighted

Whoops - missed the word 'beta' :)

First I'm not really clear, will this go 2.2.0-beta, or will
we keep shipping 2.1.7-beta, 2.1.8-beta, 2.1.9-beta, then
2.2.0-ga?

I'm concerned about a number of significant instability reports
on 2.0.x, never mind 2.1.x, in bugzilla, and don't think this
is quite ready to ship.

So -1 here from the peanut gallery on beta for this candidate,
simply because most devs didn't feel strongly enough to endorse
this beta over the last week+.  Let's see if we can't find a
candidate that folks endorse more strongly.

IIUC release voting lasts typically 3 days or so, if this vote
stretched out this long, I'd offer that it didn't pass.

And FYI, I'm not concerned with objections like 'the beta doesn't
work on Win32' for example - if enough platforms are stable, the
next beta will work on more of them.

Bill