httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: cgi-bin with apache dso - random core dumps
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:30:52 GMT
The Apache API isn't available to your CGI's - you need to
write an actual module.  Those .so's, httpd, apr, etc, are
all dumped when the cgi is forked.

At 12:09 AM 8/10/2005, Balaji wrote:
>Hi All,
>            I am trying to compile a cgi-bin program and also making use of an Apache
DSO library for using some of the features already implemented in the DSO. The compilation
goes fine and the binary gets created. But, when I run the binary, it randomly dumps core;
dbx on (AIX) points to points obnoxiously to code segments where the occurance of a core dump
is hardly believable.
>            Any hints, pointers would be really helpful. Has anyone tried using an Apache
DSO with a cgi-bin program and worked around with it.

View raw message