httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: how to make sub-requests?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:45:33 GMT
At 05:15 AM 8/8/2005, Graham Leggett wrote:
>Parin Shah said:
>
>> we can store the original request_req which was used when the page was
>> served from cache, and then use it as a parameter to the above method.
>> Is this approach is fine?
>
>This isn't very clean, a request_req is just a structure, they should be
>relatively simple to make. Look for the code within the core that brings
>the request_req into existence for the first time, you should be able to
>see how it gets created.

Actually I'd suggest you use the core to create that request_rec,
rather than chasing upgrades for all the things you need to add
custom when the structure changes.  The request_rec can and does
grow on mmn minor bumps, so that's an extra reason to avoid ever
allocating one yourself.  You will have very minimal ABI compat
if you allocate your own, and should probably emit a warning on
startup if you see the mmn minor has moved.

Bill