httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd overhaul
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:04:27 GMT
On Aug 23, 2005, at 12:18 AM, Jem Berkes wrote:
> I noticed a couple posts about examples, there is now one as I have
> committed all the RBL stuff I wrote. See:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_smtpd/trunk/mod_smtpd_rbl/
>
> This hooks into mod_smtpd in two places and returns various data (e.g.
> if
> the client IP is blacklisted then mod_smtpd is told to deny mail). I
> hope
> it serves as a good example, it seems to work quite nicely to give
> mod_smtpd all the DNSBL/RHSBL features in a modular fashion.

Now that we have the means to start writing modules for smtpd should we
create a modules directory?  Something like:

/repos/asf/httpd/mod_smtpd/trunk/modules/access
	mod_smtpd_rbl : "RBL" (DNSBL/RHSBL) support to mod_smtpd
      mod_smtp_access_db : Add sendmail access.db type support
      mod_smtp_access_dbi : Add sendmail access.db type support via SQL

/repos/asf/httpd/mod_smtpd/trunk/modules/auth
	mod_smtpd_auth_plain
	mod_smtpd_auth_login
	mod_smtpd_auth_cram_md5
	mod_smtpd_auth_digest_md5

	or should this be a skeleton auth modules that needs plugins:

	mod_smtpd_auth : supports plain, login, cram_md5, digest_md5
	mod_smtpd_auth_pwd : add /etc/passwd auth support for plain and login
	mod_smtpd_auth_db : add db auth support for all auth
	mod_smtpd_auth_dbi : add SQL auth support for all auth

/repos/asf/httpd/mod_smtpd/trunk/modules/misc
	mod_smtpd_load : Allow temp error if load to high on the server

How hard is adding STARTTLS support going to be?  Is this something
that is going to require more internal changes?

Is there a way to add more options to the EHLO response (an example)?

Brian