httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: mod_mbox bug squashing
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:57:50 GMT
Maxime Petazzoni wrote:

> > 5) If you know that the AJAX view only works in Gecko based browsers
> > do you plan on sniffing the browser type and redirecting to the
> > non-AJAX view in that case?  This is probably a bit of a
> > controversial subject, but it seems like the kind of thing that
> > would have to be resolved before the ASF could roll something like
> > this out.
>
> I'll try to make the AJAX view work on as many browser as
> possible. I'd like it to work on Konqueror and Opera. The IE problem
> does not seem to be fixable.

I agree that it is better to dedicate the time to support more browsers,
than to invest too much in cases where AJAX is not supported.

However, what is this problem with IE that doesn't seem to be fixable?

If it was discussed here and I missed it, I apologize, but please give
me a pointer to that discussion.

P.S. It's cool.

Thanks,
--