httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: mod_cache wishlist
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:59:39 GMT
Parin Shah wrote:
>>Cool. Very good start.  Leaks memory like a sieve, but good start.
>>

> ohh, I thought I was taking care of it. I mean, code frees the memory
> when no longer needed except during the shutdown of server. anyway I
> will go through the code again to check that. Also feel free to point
> out the code which is causing memory leak problem.

I've not looked at your code so I can't make specific recommendations. Just remember, code
allocated with any
of the apr_pool functions is freed only when that pool is reclaimed (end of a request for
a request pool,
shutdown of the server for pconf, etc.). mod_mem_cache uses the functions 'cache_hash', a
'de-poolized'
apr_hash, for this exact reason.

Bill