httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rolling 2.1.7 On Friday
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:56:10 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Is it a scope issue because find_best_bytraffic is defined
> as static...? Hmmm. I need to look into that.

Perhaps the problem is because on windows the config is
run twice.
Also seems that the hook is never run, or is run only once:
For example:
ProxySet lbmethod="byrequests"
returns:
Syntax error on line 496 of C:/W/apache/headd/conf/httpd.conf:
ProxySet unknown lbmethod lbmethod balancer://cluster

I have added:

static proxy_balancer_method _default_lbmethod = {
       "byrequests",
       find_best_byrequests,
       NULL
};

... and then in the child_init of balancer:

for (i = 0; i < conf->balancers->nelts; i++) {
      init_balancer_members(conf, s, balancer);
      /* Initialize default lbmethod */
      if (!balancer->lbmethod->finder) {
           balancer->lbmethod = &_default_lbmethod;
       }
       balancer++;
}

This resolves core dump, but does not resolve the config params.

Regards,
Mladen.