httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance proxy_ajp vs. mod_jk when TOMCAT integration with Apache
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 05:49:22 GMT
Xuekun Hu wrote:
> Hi,
>>>From performance point, which connector will be used for TOMCAT
> intergration with Apache? proxy_ajp or mod_jk?
>
> I read some docs which said mod_jk should have better performance than
> proxying. While proxy_ajp in Apache2.1 is an addition to the mod_proxy
> and uses Tomcat's AJP protocol stack. So I ask the upper question.

Right, both mod_jk and proxy_ajp have almost the same performance,
and they are up to twice as fast compared with http mostly because
of constant connection pool. AJP protocol gives it's share too
by transferring less data across the wire.

If you are using Apache 2.1+ there is no need to use mod_jk and
maintain additional module.

Regards,
Mladen.