httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy balancer rework
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:24:03 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I've never been all that happy with the current setup in having
> load balance methods be so hard coded into the proxy module. Adding
> another method requires too many changes.

Right, but mod_proxy_balancer was not meant to be a generic
placeholder for 'anything-you-may-ever-wish-to-balance', but
rather just a module that can be used as reference for additional
user specific balancer modules.

Of course we can change the point of view, but I'm not sure if
that would make sense. Perhaps some 'generic, fit-all' functions
could be copied over to the util.c, as well as management things,
but OTOH different load balancer may require different balancer
management functionality.

Regards,
Mladen.