httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Fixing ProxyPassReverse & friends
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 06:44:52 GMT
This has been discussed before(*), but I never got around
to patching it in SVN.

(1) ProxyPassReverse is documented as working inside <Location>
(2) ... but ProxyPassReverse is implemented on the *server* config.
So, although it is syntactically correct within <Location> due to a
hack, it doesn't actually work there beyond the trivial case.
It loses the merge_dir_config, and instead collects all <Location>s
in a single array without any means of distinguishing them.

I attach two patches: one for trunk, the other for 2.0.
The 2.0 patch is in production at my Client, and combines a patch
I made for them in January (i.e. well-tested:-) with the
long-standing patch for Bug 10722 at issues.apache.org.

If noone objects I'll commit the Trunk patch and propose the
2.0 patch for backport.

(*) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110726027118798&w=2

--
Nick Kew