httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <>
Subject Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:18:45 GMT
Andreas Steinmetz wrote:
> Paul Querna wrote:
>>Oh Please, don't give me that crap. Submit a patch, and it will get in
>>the next release. The bug you mention does not have a patch.  If it
>>matters so much to you, fix it yourself.
> Nice attitude. So the bug reporter must be a "I know how to fix
> everything in the world because I'm the wizard of every tool around"
> type of human being?

No, because I don't know how to fix it, nor do I have the resources to
fix it(AMD64? I wish..).  If its important enough, someone that has the
resources (time, experience, knowledge) will come along and fix it.

My attitude isn't that the reporter should fix it, its just that as a
developer who doesn't have an AMD64 system, it would be a waste of my
time to look at this specific bug, as it sounds pretty specific to both
AMD64 and SuSe.

View raw message