httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: CTR policy for experimental modules in A2.0?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:34:54 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> IMO, imposing RTC on experimental modules is counter productive.
>>

>> ++1.  Applies to cache and ldap; these have seen huge progress
>> on both 2.0 and trunk, but why stall.
>>
>> I'd move to official declare modules/experimental/ as CTR.
>> Votes?  (I'm assuming both Bill's opinion on this is +1.)
>>

> Yep, I'm +1 on RTC for both cache and ldap/.

Rewind, backspace and do over...

Yep, I'm +1 on CTR for both cache and ldap.  RTC for everything else in the 2.0 tree that
is not experimental.
  I am solely interested in converging on the most stable, functional code in as short a period
of time as
possible.  If CTR on cache and ldap turn either of them into dumping ground for untested code,
I will quickly
switch back to RTC for these components.

Bill