httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: how to make sub-requests?
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:15:41 GMT
Parin Shah said:

> - using make_sub_request, ap_sub_req_method_uri methods. these
> functions create a new request_req for a sub request and they take
> current request_req as one of the argument. but mod-cache-requester
> may not have current request available.

I suspect the best idea here is to create a bare bones request_req on
demand, and then use this same request_req for all the subrequests to be
fetched in that batch.

> we can store the original request_req which was used when the page was
> served from cache, and then use it as a parameter to the above method.
> Is this approach is fine?

This isn't very clean, a request_req is just a structure, they should be
relatively simple to make. Look for the code within the core that brings
the request_req into existence for the first time, you should be able to
see how it gets created.

Regards,
Graham