httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: XML docs in release tarballs
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:41:37 GMT
* Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> dist/tools/roll.sh currently has;
>
>     echo ""
>     echo "Removing Manual Files."
>     echo ""
>     find $dirname/docs/manual -name \*.xml -print | xargs rm -rf
>
> Which is incompatible with the current layout of docs, but which is the
> right way to fix it?

Hmm. What's the incompatibility?

> Why remove the XML files at all? it's not like they take up much space,
> and they compress super efficiently when you consider most of the text
> has a verbatim copy in the HTML version.

I suggest measuring. IMHO, the docs are way too large for complete
inclusion, anyway. We should consider to remove them from the code tarballs
and point the people to the packages in
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/docs/>.

nd
--
Already I've seen people (really!) write web URLs in the form:
http:\\some.site.somewhere