httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r240270 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES server/mpm/prefork/mpm.h server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:26:34 GMT

I decided to do prefork first, since it seems the more complicated out
of the MPM's to stop gracefully. I've tested locally, using

	#!/bin/sh

	echo "Content-type: text/plain"
	echo

	while true; do
		sleep 1
		date
	done

as my ultra-sophisticated long-lived download, however I would be amazed
if running two instances of httpd concurrently does not break some
things (esp third party modules which use some kind of lockfile or
on-disk state). So, heads up there on any trunk-runners.

I'm going to add yet more documentation to stopping.xml, to describe
those kind of issues.