httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: some problem about mod_ftpd
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:14:11 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 11:45:11AM +0800, firingme wrote:
> Next, there isn't any cache mechanism in the stor&retr's handler,
> I think maybe mod_disk_cache can help here.

In addition to mod_ftpd, there is also mod_ftp, which is in the process
of becoming an incubated httpd subproject;

	http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mod_ftp.html

This does not currently support caching either, however that is
definitely an aim of at least one of its volunteers. It's likely that
any approach to making mod_cache work with non-HTTP requests will be
generic enough that this can be applied to mod_ftp also.