httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Apache code-style vim tips
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:20:54 GMT
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 05:06:08AM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> Just wondering what vim-users here may be using for help with coding in
> the Apache style. Currently I have;
>
> 	set tabstop=4
> 	set shiftwidth=4
>  	set expandtab
>
> Which are all reasonably obvious, but thought that others may have
> collated the corrent autoindent configurations, trapping of "{" on their
> own lines, the preferred comment format, and so on.

I use autocmd to set the types for C files.

Some relevant snippets:

  " Makefiles ALWAYS must have real TABS
  autocmd FileType make set noet

  let c_syntax_for_h=1
  autocmd FileType c set ts=4 sw=4 et cindent cino=:0(0 fo+=ro

If it helps, my full vimrc is at: http://www.ics.uci.edu/~jerenkra/vimrc

I also do funny things with tab characters and trailing spaces so that
they stick out like sore thumbs.  It ensures that I get annoyed.  ;-)

I'd be curious about what other features vim offers that I'm ignoring...

HTH.  -- justin