httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: RFC: can I make mod_cache per-dir?
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:02:04 GMT
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:29:13PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> My main reason is that I can't enable or disable caching on a
> per-directory or per-file basis.

The quick handler runs well before any knowledge is available about the
backend (dir/file).  The only thing you know is the URI path: unsurprisingly,
this is all that CacheEnable and CacheDisable can reasonably work with.

The only way to resolve this is to do the directory walks and file resolution;
but that is *very* expensive to do per request.  -- justin