httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Fixing ProxyPassReverse & friends
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:12:50 GMT
On Wednesday 10 August 2005 07:44, Nick Kew wrote:

> If noone objects I'll commit the Trunk patch and propose the
> 2.0 patch for backport.

OK, I've just proposed the 2.0-backport in STATUS.

I would add a couple of comments to this.

Firstly, this is in production use at the Client who first drew
attention to the ProxyPassReverse-in-<Location> bug.
I fixed it for them in January, so that's had ample test time.

Secondly, I'm seeing a lot of demand for this.  It's not
really satisfactory to have to refer everyone to Bug 10722
for cookies, especially when that doesn't deal with the
<Location> bug.   End-user requests for patched binaries
are even more problematic, and would be better dealt with
by the packagers who support a platform.

Can people please take a moment to VOTE on this backport?

--
Nick Kew