httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r231181 - in /httpd/mod_mbox/trunk/scripts: catchup-archive create-index create-site-index update-index
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:38:50 GMT
> Certainly for simpler setups, you might not want to use these scripts.
> But, if you're doing a large setup, it'd greatly easy the difficulty in
> setting the archives up if you can build upon a set of scripts that others
> have used.

I believe this is why we have package mainteners : to gather all needed
material allowing users to build any setup they want. Ideally, we should
have a separate repository for this kind of things (same goes for the
Css, images and javascript file I recently added), along with svn
externals. But AFAIK the ASF repos were not set up in this way.

In the light of this argument, I agree that these scripts should stay
around here, but maybe with a different directory structure (see my last
post and/or what have been done for apreq).

- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.