httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <>
Subject Re: RTC killed the open source project
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:46:40 GMT
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:11:56AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I think that RTC has a place, but too often RTC is used as a club
> to slow down development. Small changes that could easily
> be made once the code has been committed instead result in
> cycles of "Wouldn't it be best to do this?" and another
> round of patch-vote commences.
All fine in theory, but wrowe who is the one suggesting CTR on those two
modules certainly wasn't suggesting small changes - there was what - 20
commits in the proxy/cache code the other day?
The real trick is how you define the difference between small,
relatively safe changes and complete rewrites of large chunks of code.
2.0 took very long to settle because it was very much a moving target, I
would hate for the same to keep happening with a 2.2 release.

Mads Toftum