httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kratochvil <l...@jankratochvil.net>
Subject Re: httpd-2.x servertype inetd
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:06:15 GMT
Hi,

standalone running and only occasionally used server for testing is a bit
costly for me and as suggested by Nick Kew its inetd-spawning each time during
a testing session would be possibly even worse than the former case.

Just FYI attached 'caching' method by xinetd(8) handled connections forwarding
with on-demand server spawning and crond(8) handled idle server shutdowns.
(C used to avoid for this trivia task as any scripting language interpreters
startup is not wised in possibly server overloaded conditions.)

Regards,
Lace