httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Problems in apr_rmm.c
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:07:00 GMT
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 04:26:44PM -0400, Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Has anyone seen any problems in apr_rmm.c on systems with shared memory
> and ldap enabled?
> When I stop Apache via Crtl-C, I'm getting the Windows error saying that
> something is a miss in Apache.  Stepping into the debugger, reveals that
> the problem is at line 373 of srclib\apr-util\misc\apr_rmm.c.

There are at least the following serious shared memory cache handling
issues in the 2.0.54 code:

1) NULL payload pointers at full cache
   -> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=225746&view=rev

2) wrong size of shm segment being used
   -> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=225753&view=rev

3) mutex permissions not being initialized properly
   -> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=105412&view=rev

(3) probably doesn't affect Win32 but the other two might.  I'm not
aware of any apr_rmm bugs in the 2.0.54 (apr-0.9.6) code.

joe