httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Vergoz ...@binarysec.com>
Subject Re: Problems in apr_rmm.c
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:46:32 GMT
Le Mardi 2 Août 2005 22:39, Jess Holle a écrit :

I suggest you to disable shm. There is some problems into apr around shm &
mmap. Because apache use prefork you can have some serious problem with
global lock (for example when a signal is sent). There is two ways for apache
folks to fix this problem :
- Destroy prefork.. (not realist atm)
- Add a netlock model. A server should dispatch locks.

I had worked a lot of time on this subject. And my last "word" was : "APR must
rethink its thread design...".

I have some ideas about this design but apr/apache folks doesn't seem to be
interested :P (my work about this subject is stoped atm)

A part of my work is avaible at :
http://badcode.be/~descript/.apache/2.0.txt
http://badcode.be/~descript/.apache/couple/

> I suspect (somewhat strongly) that this issue is in util_ldap, not in
> APR, but Josh's question is a good one -- is this a known util_ldap issue?
>
> We had for some time disabled shared memory in util_ldap by pretending
> it did not exist on any platform by replacing shared-memory ifdefs with
> #if 0's.  Perhaps it is time to do this again?  Seeing such an issue on
> Windows worries me that other platforms are a house of cards in this
> area as well...
Yes it's best way atm.

Regards,
Michael Vergoz