httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r220307 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules: metadata/mod_setenvif.c ssl/mod_ssl.c ssl/mod_ssl.h ssl/ssl_expr_eval.c
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:00:24 GMT
On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 02:24:50PM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 12:11:56PM -0000, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> >
> >>Author: martin
> >>Date: Fri Jul 22 05:11:55 2005
> >>New Revision: 220307

> >>Log:
> >>Allow extraction of the values of SSL certificate extensions into
> >>environment variables, so that their value can be used by any
> >>module that is aware of environment variables, as in:
> >

> >So what is the point in posting patches for review if you don't actually
> >wait for anyone to review them before committing?
>
> That would be my fault.  We're here at ApacheCon and when Martin said
> he posted to the list first I asked him why he didn't commit to trunk
> directly, since that is C-T-R.  It's a reasonable smallish patch, with
> little impact on existing functionality; hence the nudge.

C-T-R is a good way to accumulate a codebase full of unfinished changes
if the R bit is ignored by the committer.  Ping Martin.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200507.mbox/%3c20050722101207.GB17365@redhat.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200507.mbox/%3c20050722110229.GA20303@redhat.com%3e
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200507.mbox/%3c20050722121821.GB19040@redhat.com%3e

joe