httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Charset conversion
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:43:17 GMT
Hi,

I recently implemented MIME structure and header parsing into mod_mbox
(http://blog.bulix.org/index.php/blog/494) and I'm facing a charset
problem : mod_mbox outputs UTF-8, but some of the decoded contents are
not in UTF-8 (for example, a =?iso-8859-1?q?...?= header).

Is there any charset conversion facilities in the APR ? I did not see
anything about charsets in the APR autogenerated documentation (from
doxygen).

The iconv() function can do it, but it's from the UNIX98 standard and I
don't think I can use it in an Apache module (and I don't want to, btw).

Any ideas ? I don't know any other module to look in for this.

Thanks in advance,
- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.