httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Status of PR 29528? (Memory leaks in mod_cgid)
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:55:32 GMT
--On August 26, 2005 1:49:01 PM -0400 Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right.  If you must use mod_cgid on Solaris 10, go back to the next to
> last Solaris Express driver prior to GA ;)  Recently I applied the
> latest Solaris 10 updates and retested, without success.

Yup, my box has all the current updates too.

> If you want to play with it without it going ballistic, hack the cgid
> code that runs in the daemon so that when it reads the length of an
> envvar it croaks if the length is unreasonable (e.g, > 10000).  That's
> where it always falls down for me, as I think you can see in the PR.

Okay, thanks for the pointer.

I may use this as an excuse to play with dtrace some as well.

And, at the least, if I can't fix it (i.e. it's an OS issue or something), I'm
shipping this one over to the OpenSolaris folks and see if they have a clue.
;-)  -- justin