httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jem Berkes" <jb-ht...@users.pc9.org>
Subject Re: Initial mod_smtpd code.
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:13:00 GMT
> Hmm. That sounds like a good idea, maybe there already is a hook
> defined that could deal with this, I'll look into it.

I could also start work on a mod_smtpd_dnsbl if the mentors feel that is
worthwhile? This would look up a connecting IP address against a blacklist
and return a descriptive string to mod_smtpd if the client should be
rejected with an error: "550 5.7.1 Email rejected because 127.0.0.2 is
listed by sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org"

I'd also like to include support for RHSBL, a newer type of listing by
domain names from the envelope sender address. That's used by a growing
number of projects.